Thank you for joining Rye Town Park for the Open Water Swimming Program! Please read all the following information carefully.
Please complete and electronically sign the following form and Click 'Submit.' You must sign this waiver. After you complete this form you can pay using Paypal. * Please note there will be a Convenience fee added. If you do not wish to use Paypal, you can simply enter your credit/debit card information without using Paypal.
You can also pay by check at Rye Town Park in the administration building.
For questions, please call Debbie Reisner at (914) 939-3553.
* Please Note * if you are filling this form out for a minor, print the form out to complete it. It will not be accepted electronically. And bring your payment to the administration building at Rye Town Park during permit office hours .
The guidelines are as follows:
The program runs Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM through September 30th; All swimmers participate at their own risk and must sign this waiver;
OWS@RTP season permits cost $50 and comes with:
- Free parking and beach admission for all sessions
- A bright yellow rubber wrist band and a swim cap bearing OWS@RTP insignia are dispensed to all
An OWS@RTP Wrist band must be presented to gain free admission to the parking lot and the beach**. Swimmers who do not wish to buy a permit have the option to pay the park’s standard daily parking and beach admission fees;
Waivers and permit applications can be obtained from the Park Director or online at: OWS@RTP Waivers & Permits. *Waivers for swimmers under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or guardian and their waivers must be submitted on paper.
**To gain admission to the park prior to obtaining an OWS@RTP wrist band, present your permit receipt (paper or personal electronic device) to the parking booth cashier. The Park Director or Head Cashier will be posted at the First Aid Station to confirm your name is on the waiver list and dispense your bright yellow wrist band and swim cap bearing OWS@RTP insignia;
All swimmers follow one of two designated courses and everybody swims in the same direction;
Brightly colored swim caps are mandatory for safety;
1. The “in-shore” course is a ½ mile rectangle and can be followed at your own pace;
2. The “off-shore” course is a 1 mile swim that extends 10 feet beyond the breakwater. The off-shore group assembles outside the First Aid Office at 6:45PM and splashes together at 7:00 PM sharp; Each off-shore group is accompanied by at least one lifeguard on a kayak or board;
Rye Town Park posts a lifeguard on the shore.
Thank you and happy swimming!